A Gift for a Blossoming Future
Maximize your personal financial goals while making a difference for our future.
Gift Planning Menu
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals which are sometimes referred to as a Required Minimum Distribution or RMD. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work while also receiving a personal tax benefit in the year of the gift.
What are the many benefits of an IRA charitable rollover?
With advance planning, you may:
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization;
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year;
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions;
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts; and
- Help further the work and mission of the Dallas Arboretum.
How does an IRA charitable rollover gift work?
It really is fairly simple if you:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to the Dallas Arboretum Foundation.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Dallas Arboretum Foundation to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction but you may receive very favorable tax treatment. Your accountant can explain just how this might benefit you.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions.